Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Birth Story

I want to go back a couple months and document Ivy's birth. I went to the doctor at 36 weeks and found out I was dilated to a 3 and 90% effaced; I was shocked! Our house was flooded last summer and we moved back into it that same week. (To say it was a busy week is an understatement) The next week I went to my doctor's appointment and I was dilated to a 3, 90% effaced with a bulging water pouch. I will never forget when my doctor looked at me and said "I'm surprised to see you here! I thought for sure you would of had your baby last week!" After Shane and I picked our jaws up off the floor, we decided its time we do our last minute errands for things we need for the baby.


3 days pass and we are headed to a friends wedding. (Hang with me for e second this part is a little confusing)  All the guests met at their venue and were shuttled to the golf course where they were actually getting married. Once we got to the golf course, we hopped on golf carts to shuttle us to the correct hole. I sat on that golf cart and felt a good amount of water come out. It took me about 30 seconds into the 2 minute ride to determine if it was pee or my water breaking. My water definitely just broke.




You can see all my nerves, excitement and worry all in one picture.


 So we head back to our house, after a couple of rides back to our car from the wedding, then head to the hospital. They admit us and start monitoring the contractions. An hour later they checked on me and I had ZERO contractions. So they start me on pitocin and we're off. At 10:30 PM I got an epidural, slept till 3:15 AM and delivered her at 3:47 AM. Ivy Urban, 7 lbs 7 ounces 20 inches long. 












Now that I look back her face is so swollen! I just love the newborn stage.

My heart grew that day, I'm sure it doubled in size. I was completely smitten. She was (and still is) the cutest thing I ever did see. I am forever grateful I had a healthy baby. We are so happy she is ours forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Pages - Menu