Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Blessing day

This was a weekend to remember! We blessed Ivy November 9th, 2014. Some times I look back and I think what on earn was I thinking I should have waited till december with her only being 4 weeks old.  I chose November because my cute sister in law was due November 21st with her baby girl and I wanted her and my brother to be able to be there. The day before Ivy's blessing Shane got pretty darn sick. I'll never forget going to bed Saturday night with a husband that is shaking from being so cold to having a pile of sweat on our bed. Shane rarely gets sick, so I was worried.

Sunday morning he still wasn't feeling great, so he took some medicine and we were off to church.  Miraculously Shane made it through church and gave the most beautiful baby blessing. We were so grateful we had the support of friends and family. In the circle was Shane, my dad, Ty, Leo Beus, Ernest, my brother in law Shane, and Max.

Our friends Ernest, Nadia and their daughter Penelope. Nadia had her baby in February. Doesn't she look great pregnant?

My cute niece, Leah, jumped into this picture. She loves Shane. I'd be glad to claim her as mine. ;)



My Mom surprised me with blessing shoes for Ivy. They really were so cute. I love all the details and memories this picture captures.





The "yellow" blanket we have under Ivy was knitted in 1847 by my great great great great grandmother, Nancy Jane Tolman Willey. She gave it to her granddaughter, Effie Willey Holt and she crocheted around the outside while she trekked across the plains with the Martin-Willey Handcart Company. From there Effie Willey Holt gave it to her granddaughter Effie Lyn, my Grandma. My Grandma and her siblings were all blessed with the blanket as well as every single grandchild from that point on.

My oldest brother, Zach, flew home from Idaho the same day as the blessing. Sadly, he missed the actual blessing but made it for pictures. :)


These two are so supportive, so thankful for them.




I loved the detailing on her blessing dress. The ruffle sleeves and lace were the perfect touch.


Three generations.


Even though it was a busy day, it was filled with memories. We love our Ivy girl and the love and support we felt on that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Pages - Menu